Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A year of marriage!


Yesterday, Dan and I celebrated our one year anniversary. It was so great to think that we have been married a year. It doesn't really seem possible because it seems like just yesterday we were going through all the wedding stuff. I feel like we have been very blessed. We had heard that the first year is so hard. In all honesty we ask each other if we thought it was hard and we don't really think it was. Yes there were those moments when we had to figure things out about each other, but I don't think that this will just be happening in the first year. Thank goodness we can take each others jokes.....most of the time...and know when the other one just needs a few minutes alone. So my question is, why do people say it is so hard? Were Dan and I just lucky? We feel like we had a great first year and I hope that all of them are this easy. I am sure they won't be as easy, especially when we start adding other factors....kids....to the picture. Which if you are wondering, it will be a bit longer. We had such a great first year, we want another one to have fun and learn about each other. Not to say that if by chance a pregnancy happened we would be upset, we just aren't planning that right now. But we all know that is in God's hands! Dan probably won't think I needed to share that, but he is not the one that gets the so when are you going to start having kids question like I do!! Right now I feel very lucky to have such a wonderful husband. We have so much fun together. Some of the best times we have are when it is just him and I sitting in the backyard just talking. We don't have to be doing something or going somewhere. We just enjoy each others company and to me that is exactly the kind of marriage I always wanted to have.


I didn't really say much in this blog. I just wanted to say that we had a great first year. Thanks to all the great family and friends that were there to make it wonderful. We are both very blessed with having wonderful families. The really cool thing about that is we actually truly love each others families too!!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, one year already!?!?! That sure went by quickly. Congratulations on year 1 and I hope that the next 50 (or 60 or 70!) years bring you more and more happiness!

Andrea said...

Thanks Stu! Hey I found the pepper spray at Bass Pro this last weekend! Thanks!

Danavee said...

That made me teary eyed! I'm so happy that you have that kind of sincere happiness with Dan! You two are great.

Unknown said...

Yeah!! Little late but... You two are amazing and awesome in every sense of the word.

Whitney said...

I LOVE that picture!!! Was that an on purpose pose by a really "with-it" photographer, was it just a happy wind coincidence? Whoa... in any case... lovely.