Monday, July 7, 2008

Lake time!

Dan and I went down to the lake for the weekend. Now we enjoy going to the lake quite often, but this year has not allowed for much lake time. The weather has played a major role in whether we can go to the lake or not. Dan grew up on the lake and is a wonderful skier. He just looks so happy anytime he is out on the water. Unfortunately this year has not allowed for much skiing. He has only got to go once and that was for about five minutes. The water was very cold and rough. I have not even tried to ski yet this year. Now not that I am that good at skiing, but I still enjoy getting out there and trying. I was really hoping to learn to slalom ski this year. I don't know if that will be happening. I will say that I am ok at two skis, can do pretty good on the knee board, and actually made it out of the water on the wake board.....that was really exciting!! I was hoping for a few more lessons from Bob and Dan and to be out there tearin' it up. Maybe next year!

This last weekend was a good time on the lake. Although the weather wasn't that wonderful. It was kind of rainy on Friday morning and then it kind of warmed up. I am a big wimp in cold water. I get goose bumps like nobodies business, but still try it out. We were out on the lake for a while. Let me tell you what the nieces and nephews don't care at all what the water feels like. They absolutely love it and just jump in and jump in and jump in. It is crazy!! Saturday wasn't much better, again the rain in the morning and then in warmed up a little. So we went out again, but still the goose bumps!!! Of course, it was a gorgeous day on Sunday. We weren't planning on going to the lake at all. Dan and I had started down the road and were heading home and we decided it was too nice of a day not to go swim for just a bit. So we turned around and went back to swim for about an hour. Libby thought we were crazy, but she went for a dip as well. It was a really nice weekend.

The one thing that was upsetting about the weekend was not being with my immediate family. That has been the hardest thing for us since we have been together. We are both so close to our families and it makes it so hard on the holidays. We are not lucky enough to have families that live close together. Our families live 5 hours apart, so when holidays come it is really hard on me. I just wish we could all be together, but I know that we can't. So all you couples that do have families that are close to one another really appreciate it, because it is so so hard not to be able to see everyone around the holidays. Luckily we both have wonderful families that understand.......or at least they say they do!!!! Love you all!!!

2 comments:

samsarah4 said...

Its so hard to be away from family. We are blessed to have sams family and mine so close, but there are even issues with that situation. But I won't go into that. I just hope Dan respects the times you spend with us!! And always understands when you want to be with yours:)!!

Danavee said...

Yuck! That is tough. On the positive side, it's so wonderful that you both have families that you love and want to spend time with.