Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A great trip to NY!

We had a pretty good trip to NY. We did lots of sight seeing and enjoying times with friends. We were in Rochester for a wedding for four days. It was a really good time, lots of time with friends and a ton of laughs---thanks Nick!! The wedding was outside and it was on a lake. It was so pretty. Dan was looking really good in his suit!! The reception was a lot of fun. It was a really laid back wedding. The guys started getting kind of silly by the end of the night and even started to break out a few dance moves!!




We went up to Niagra Falls on Sunday. It was so amazing. You wouldn't believe how fast the water is going. We rode the Maid of the Mist which takes you to the bottom of the falls. It gets you really close and you get really wet, but it is such a great experience. Then we went on a tour where you get to walk up into the falls. It was crazy! There was one point that it was like we were in a hurricane like conditions.



After our weekend at Rochester, we flew out Monday to head to the city. It was a good time. Lots of sight seeing and walking! I needed the walking though, I had been eating way too much. You know how it goes when you are on vacation. The first day we took a bus tour around the city. You could get on and off the bus and explore places you were interested in. So we stopped a few times. One stop was China Town so that I could find me a new purse.....which was a success, pretty happy with it. We went lots of places throughout the week. I won't bore you with the details from each one but I'll share some pictures of a few of my favorites. We went to the Statue of Liberty, a Yankees game, walked across the Brooklyn bridge, Central Park(which is totally awesome), walked through Times Square, went to Coney Island and rode the Cyclone....so much fun and much more.













There are a lot more pics, but just shared a few. Dan and I had a great trip. We were ready to get home and back to our own bed! Stu had to put up with Dan and I throughout the vacation. I am sure there were times when he was ready to be away from us!!!! Thanks for being such a great trooper though Stu!!!

Oh yeah, I had to buy a new camera while on the trip. Dan wasn't very happy about that, but I bought a great camera one of my favorite features are pictured below with my good lookin' hubby!!


3 comments:

Danavee said...

I was SOOOOO excited to see a new post about NY!!!!!! I can't wait to hear all the tiny details ANNDDD see your new purse! Is it a Coach? Louis Vuitton?? I'm glad you had a good time. Looks like a hot new camera too!

Unknown said...

I had a good time with you guys! I didn't get tired of you and I hope you didn't get tired of me. I can get a little moody sometimes. I'll give you copies of my pictures the next time I see you.

samsarah4 said...

great to see the new blog!! i checked out all the pics on the walmart site. looks like so much fun. glad you made it home safely, and once again thanks for all you did for my family!! love ya.