Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tried to slalom!


So yesterday Dan and his buddy Chris wanted to go down to the lake and slalom on the course. I was ok, I'll go down with you. So we head down, it was a great night. It was really nice out and there was like no one on the lake. The course was great, no one there and the water was perfect. Chris headed out first and did a good job. Then Dan gets out there and let me just tell you, he looks so good in the water. It is amazing how great he is at skiing He is just a natural. I am always just really amazed how good he is and how it just looks like it is so easy for him. He is really good at the course and goes around the corners one handed. I told him it was funny to see his facial expressions because they really reminded me of his dad last night! It is just so much fun to watch him. I was kind of upset because I took my camera, but then forgot to bring it on the boat. So I have one from Dan on the wake board from last year that I will share!

Well I was talked into trying to get out there on the slalom. Now like I said before, this is something I wanted to try. I was a little nervous that the water would be cold, but it was absolutely perfect. Great night for skiing!! I learned how to ski on two skis a couple years ago, but I am not super good at it. It is tough. I haven't skied at all this year. So I was like ok, but just a couple times. So I get out there and try. I didn't succeed but Dan said that I was pretty close and that next time he thinks I might be able to get up. Which is super exciting to me!!

I also got to drive the boat for the first time. I told Dan a couple of weeks ago that he needed to teach me how to drive the boat so that I can take him out on the course if he wants. So last night, I learned out to drive the boat. I didn't drive it through the course, but I did drive it back to the dock. Pretty good times. I think the only reason he really let me was because there were like no other boats out and that made him less nervous! It was a really great night!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't been down to the lake in a couple of years. I need to get down there with you guys sometime this summer. If Dan said that you'll probably get up on your slalom ski next time, I bet you will!

Danavee said...

I wanna get down to the lake with you guys too!!!! Although I'm not sure about partaking in skiing! My last try at that was NOT successful!

Stu: Are you up for another Big Brother party? I promise you won't have to use your peripheral vision to watch this time!

Andrea said...

You both need to come down and go out on the boat. It is so much fun. Dan asked if I wanted to take him back out tonight. He was joking, but I am all for it. We'll give you a holla the next time we go.

Big Brother party woohoo!!!!

Unknown said...

In all honesty Andrea I am a little disappointed. Giving your skill and athletic abilities I assumed you sould be holding the handle in your teeth with no problem by now. Seriously, you need work a little harder =) Do your legs hurt today?

Andrea said...

Come on down to the lake and try it some time Ash......it is not as easy as one might think. Going on two skis is hard enough, but one is just another story. I will get it though, I am very determined!!