Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Florida trip







All was good until Florida, the weather was great, the company fun, and the Gators were playing.....until the end of the game! The game ended with a 31-30 score, Gators lost :( It was a sad day after that. Dan has been a Gator fan for years and really enjoys watching them win. On the occasion of a loss, it is not a fun time to be around Dan. I will say that he actually handled this loss pretty well. Which was a good thing considering I had to spend 13 hours in the car with him the next day. We had a great time even though the Gators lost. The drive home was on my birthday, I know a great way to spend it! I actually enjoyed it. Dan and I have been go, go, go for the last couple months. It was really nice to actually spend some time together. There was one glitch that got us a little nervous. We were driving through Atlanta and noticed we needed gas. We stopped at one gas station and there was a really long line. So we tried another one. NO GAS! We drove on and stopped at the next exit.....guess what.....NO GAS. We had to go a couple more exits and then we finally found one and had to wait in line for about 30 minutes. If you know anything about Dan, he is big on making good time, so this really bugged him. I was just glad not to run out of gas! They even had cops there controlling traffic because of the fights that have broken out because people were cutting in line. Crazy!




All in all it was a great trip! I got a couple of great pictures. We had really close seats. We are heading to Arkansas for a game this weekend! Go Gators! Hopefully they can pull this one off!!!




4 comments:

samsarah4 said...

I am such an ass!! I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you Happy Birthday. I try so hard to remember those dates, and I forgot yours after seeing it on the calander for the entire month. Happy Birthday!! Well I sure hope things go better for the Gators in Arkansas!! Daniel may never want to go to another game if they don't! GO GATORS!!

Whitney said...

I am singing my best War Chant, and my right arm tomahawk chopping like crazy... smug yet respectful, of course.

Oh wait... not so smug. I just remembered the September Wake Forest game. Nevermind.

Happy Birthday, by the way. I still have your birthday card in my workbag, and birthday schemes in the works. They are pitifully late.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANYWAY!!!!

Unknown said...

Ha, I heard about the gas craze in the south but didn't realize it was real! I can't wait to hang out for your birthday, long over due but excited none the less. MISS YOU!

Danavee said...

Andrea, maybe we'll BOTH be home one of these days, so we can appropriately celebrate your birthday! I hope you had fun at the Arkansas Gator game!