Monday, September 1, 2008

Oh what fun!!!

The three day weekend was a great time! It started out with a call Friday night from my brother asking if we wanted to go have dinner. We thought that they were going to have one of the boys so I was thinking we would be out too late. Wrong! All of the boys were at friends houses so we closed down The Fox and Hound. It was a great time. Lots of good stories from good ol' Brandon! He definitely can keep you entertained.

We slept in a bit on Saturday which was really nice. Dan watched the Gator game while I worked on school work, with the tv on but muted so that I could keep up with the game as well! After the game we headed down to the lake. We got there around 4 and found all the Deatons there waiting and ready to go swim. So we all went down to the lake. The adults decided that it was a little cold to get in but boy did the kids enjoy it. It is so funny how much those 4 kids love the lake. They could spend all day there. We went back to the house had a good supper and played cards. We took some gifts to a couple of the kids for their birthday. Nate is the youngest Deaton and so full of life. He and I were buddies this weekend. We gave him a dinosaur that was such a big hit. You know how that is when you give a gift and you never know. Nate and I played with the dinosaur all night and the next day. If I do say so myself, I have a great dinosaur voice!!! A good night.

On Sunday we got to sleep in again and then head back out on the lake. It was a great day. The water was great and the sun was shining. What more could you ask for?! We went out on the boat for a bit. I have to brag for a minute because........I GOT UP ON THE WAKE BOARD!!! I mean I only rode for like 30 feet, but I did it. I was so excited! I wish Bob could have been there to see me, I know he would have been so proud! Dan was really proud of me! There were a couple other people in the boat cheering me on as well. One of them went out to try and ski. She hadn't been since she was in high school. She tried so hard and was super close. It was so great to watch her facial expressions as she got close. She was quite the trooper. Next time she will be up and running!

Today was also a good day. We slept in again....how great has that been! Then we got up and went to get sushi. It was wonderful, except for this one thing and I didn't really care for it. Dan ate it though and really enjoyed it. Then we came back and had some nappy time!! Always something I enjoy. I think I need to take a nap everyday, I feel so good after one! I also talked to Alisha today about coming up to see her next weekend. She is so funny. I won't tell her response on here, but she can make a girl laugh that is for sure! It is now getting to the time in the night that I have to start thinking about going to bed. All in all a great weekend, but they always go so fast. Back to the grind tomorrow!

6 comments:

samsarah4 said...

it was so much fun!! i didn't hear the dinosaur voice...what a shame. oh by the way he even slept with the dino last night, and he drags the movie with him everywhere. he always asks me if he can push the thomas buttons before he does it...too funny. sadey has enjoyed her lip gloss a lot her favorite is blueberry. you are so right that those weekends never last long enough, especially labor day because you know the end is coming:(!!

Jess said...

Wow! Sounds like an action packed weekend! Ours was full too, you'll have to read about it when you get time. Always so much fun and then just as you get ready to do the relaxing part you realize that it's over! Congrats on the wake board I bet you were really excited, it made me think about senior trip when I was on the jet ski with Andrew and could NOT get back on, talk about cold water!! Thanks to that rescue boat I finally made it back in....leave it to me! lol lol lol

Danavee said...

Cheers to three day weekends! The next one is two months away!

Andrea said...

I speak on behalf of all who missed it....When can we hear the dinosaur voice?

Whitney said...

If You Give A Mouse.... I mean.... If Andrea Blogs About Her Dinosaur Voice, by Me:

If you blog about your dinosaur voice, your readers will want to hear it.

If your readers want to hear it (and don't get to) they will become an angry mob.

If your readers become angry, they will blow off your dinosaur voice and pledge loyalty, instead, to Barney.

If your readers pledge loyalty to Barney, they may notice that it's his 20 year anniversary. (Happy Anniversary out there...)

If your readers notice the anniversary date, they will feel stupid for knowing useless trivia about Barney.

If your readers feel stupid, they may consult your blog for consolation and a feel-better-laugh.

If they visit your blog, they will be reminded that you've blogged about your dinosaur voice.

And if you blog about your dinosaur voice... yeah, expect your readers to harass you.

Andrea said...

Oh Whitney, you make me laugh so hard. Girls night out and I'll bring out the dino voice!!!