Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Visualize it......

.....walking into the gym tonight and looking through the window and seeing a yoga class going on. Yes Danavee and Whitney it brought back many great memories!!! We need to do another class, that was so much fun. For all of you that don't know, I took a yoga class with a couple friends last year. I have to tell you about my favorite part. At the end of class we would shut out the lights, lay back, and visualize! The teacher would talk in a gentle voice and talk about different things to picture. You are in a field of tall grass, there is a fence. Now picture a bush by the fence. Do you see the bird on the bush? After the visualization session was over she would ask questions. Like what kind of fence did you visualize? What kind of bird did you see? Now I really tried to get into this, but to be honest it was so very hard for me not to laugh. I don't know why but I just couldn't do this part of the class. So needless to say that really wasn't my favorite part, but the conversations that came after class with my friends made it so great!

3 comments:

Danavee said...

I am cracking up! Not only because I thought it was hokey, but because I was back there laughing WITH you! We were definitely the naughty students in that class.

What's even funnier, is that I did this with my flag girls this summer, and they LOVED IT! They would beg me to do that!

Whitney said...

I am cracking up too. I agree that it was very difficult to get "into" this part of the class.

Things I had going against me:

1) Inevitably I would sneeze during visualization.

2) Ants crawling on your arm prevent you from embracing that floaty feeling.

3)And whenever she would tell us to picture some beautiful natural thing, I'd concoct the most outlandish idea. The first birds that came to my mind in our picturesque garden/fence scene? Yeah, I'd stick a random toucan, flamingo, or an aggressive goose in there before I settled on "robin". Try not laughing.

samsarah4 said...

Sounds like fun. It would be extremely hard NOT to laugh. Ohh by the way glad the dog is not an issue for you anymore...be free and run!!