Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Being a mother!


So it has been two weeks since my precious Chloe was born. I have loved becoming a mother. I always knew that I wanted to be a mommy, but never did I think I would love it this much. I really don't know if there is anything better. I loved getting married and spending time with Dan because he is wonderful. There is just something different about being a mom. You have a connection with this little person unlike any other connection you have had in your life. Other than possibly the connection you have with your own mother. Which I have a great relationship with my mom. I think it has a lot to do with her that I love being a mother so much. I don't know that I can imagine a greater mom than my mom. It is her that has taught me to love and be the person I am today. I also feel that it is because of her that I am loving motherhood so much.


Up until today I have snuggled, loved, played with, and taken care of my sweet Chloe Dawn. I decided that I needed to do a better job about a routine. Not only for me and Chloe but for the sitter that she will go to in a little over a month. I had been told that Baby Wise was a great book to read and it will help your baby sleep through the night quicker. So today we started the eat, waketime, and nap. The eating and waketime was pretty good. I had a little trouble keeping her awake, but we did it. Then came the nap. You are just suppose to put the baby in the bed and let them fall to sleep. Well in order to do this there was lots of crying, Chloe and mommy. I had been pretty good not getting stressed and being patient through motherhood. Today was a different story. I am trying so hard to be strong, but when you hear that horrid cry from your daughter you just want to run and get them. It was hard, I think I was probably crying harder than she was. The first nap time did not go to well. She cried, and so did I, but finally fell asleep. The bad thing was she only slept for about 45 minutes. The second nap time has gone better. She has been sleeping for about an hour. It will be interesting to see how tonight goes!!


I am just asking that you pray for me. I am trying so hard to be strong, but it is quite hard!!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad you are enjoying mommyhood! It is the best! Praying you guys get into a routine easily. We still struggle here with naps - Cole, not me. ;)

Danavee said...

I hope you are able to get into a routine soon. I'm sure it'll happen faster than it feels like it'll happen. Then these tough days will be forgotten. :) LOVE YOU!

Whitney said...

Awww... This makes my heart hurt for you. I remember how that feels. I'm sending you a hug. You are a fantastic momma.

samsarah4 said...

Ahhh motherhood. The hardest job on earth, but yet the BEST!! There is nothing like it! I never knew I could love that much either. It's a different love a much more intense love. Just can't explain it in words! The way they need you and love you. You guys are in my prayers...always! They love routine as much as you and I do! You both will do better once you get one down. It's hard to form one when there that little...it will come! I did the eat, play, sleep with nate, it took awhile but we formed a routine! You are an awesome mom! Love ya!