Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Joke for you!

After having a not so good day yesterday and just an ok one today, I talked Dan into taking me to Cielito Lindos for nachos and a margarita! We had a great time. It isn't very often that we take time from the week to do anything but go to the gym and do things at home. It was a really nice break from the week.

If you know us well, you know that this used to be a Friday night tradition that Dan and I had. We started this when we were first dating. We both love Mexican food and we had a place in Oak Grove (where I used to live) and then we had Cielito Lindos here that we would go every Friday. It was something that I looked forward to and enjoyed every Friday night.

Well on one of these occasions we ended up getting a little treat for the ride home. I don't know how many of you have been to Cielito Lindos, but at the register they sell Laffy Taffy. Dan and I both love our chewy sweet treats so we decided to get the bargin and get the 5 for a $1 special. On the way home, I started reading the jokes and for some reason they seemed really funny and stupid to us. There was one that I was laughing so hard that I was almost crying. Now I don't know if it is was the jumbo margarita or the joke itself. I do know that we went on to tell the joke to others. Unfortunately, neither of us can remember that joke today.

Tonight we got the special again. We were quite disappointed in the jokes this time and we started talking about the night I described above. Then Dan said I wonder if there is a website that has Laffy Taffy jokes on it. We were really wanting to remember the joke from that night. Guess what.......I found a bunch just by typing in a search for Laffy Taffy jokes! They are all so stupid, but at the right time, they can be funny.

Here are just a couple that made me giggle!!

What did the lamp say to the other lamp? You turn me on!!!!
How do you keep cool at a ballgame? Sit by a fan!
Why does a milking stool only have three legs? Because the cow has the udder!!

I guess maybe it was the margarita!!!! Still can be good fun. I think all my teacher friends would appreciate the stupid jokes as well!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, yes I did. I got a little chuckle. I miss laughy taffy, love that stuff.

samsarah4 said...

This is hilarious! I didn't even know laughy taffy had jokes! My kids love that stuff! And I have to admit I love those jokes. I'm not to good at getting jokes, so they made me laugh because I got them! Thanks for the giggles, I just love picturing you two enjoying a silly laughy taffy joke! Good for you for taking a break from the normal routine!!

The Axtell's said...

You were definately drunk!

Now I am hungry for nachos and taffy - what a combo!

Love you

Whitney said...

My favorite silly joke (which sounds right up Laffy Taffy's alley) is the one that Danavee tells.

Why didn't the pirate go to the movie?

Cause it was rated ARRRRRR!

Thanks for the giggles.

Danavee said...

Nice! Here's one to tell Dan:

What did the mushroom say to the tree?

I'm a "fun-guy!"

Get it? FUNGI?????????? HAHAHHHAHAHHAHA