Sunday, August 24, 2008

Three days down!!

As many of you know I started school this week. It was a typical first week, introductions, rules, procedures, etc. I will say I am so glad that I made the move back to 6th grade. For one thing you don't have to plan for a full day which is such a stressful task. For another I don't have the same kids all day long! I really found that I need the change of children every few hours. Last year I had the same kids all day and I just did not enjoy that too much. A lot of people think that I am crazy for liking 6th grade. Maybe it is because that is what I started teaching and have kept with it throughout my teaching with the exception of last year. I love the age though and am so glad there was an opening in 6th grade. You can be serious with them and they can sit and work and you can still do goofy stuff and the like it. I am hoping that the rest of the year will go as great as the first three days. I do miss the people at E II, but I know that I can still see them every once in a while. Thank goodness for e-mail. To me it is like moving to a new district like I have done before and I had to leave some very dear friends behind that I miss tremendously. The difference this year is those dear friends from E II are still within walking distance, so that is a major bonus! I don't have funny first day stories like Danavee and Whitney, but I will share when one does come up!

One other thing......I am starting my masters this week!!! I have been debating since I started teaching what I wanted to get my masters in. I have thrown around the idea of library, counseling, and technology. I finally decided on Instructional Mathematics. I am pretty stoked about starting. Not so stoked about the CHA-CHING that is going to be making a big whole in the bank, but it will pay off soon I hope! It is a 2 year program and pretty much all online! So excited about that. Kind of nervous at the same time though. I haven't taken classes in forever! Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

Danavee said...

We miss you terribly at E II, but the more you talk about one lesson plan and new kids every hour, the more I want to teach 6th grade!

Good luck with the masters classes!!!!! I should have gone for a technology or library masters.

Whitney said...

You too, Danavee? I was wondering if it was just me with the whole sixth grade envy thing.

Good luck with school, Andrea!