Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Still running scared!

Well ladies and gentlemen, it happened again. Last night I was on my daily jog. I was doing really good and was about on my 3rd mile, when what do I see...........four dogs running my way. If you have read my blog before, you know that this has happened once already. This time it was even worse, there was four of them. I was so mad. I was thinking to myself shouldn't I be able to run around my neighborhood and not be scared of a dog attack???!!! I have purchased pepper spray and I take it with me every time I run. Here is my question though, when do I use it? I am not a dog lover by any means, except for Bronson, but I am not a dog hater. So I was so tempted to use it last night as two of them are at my heals, but didn't. I just know that I would feel horrible and I am kind of scared that the owners would get pissed at me. Should I care though? They are the ones letting their dogs run lose and chase innocent runners like myself.

So let me know your thoughts. Should I spray them or should I just keep running scared?

6 comments:

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danavee said...

I would be afraid of owner retaliation, but I don't blame you for feeling scared! I'm not sure what you should do! What kind of dogs are they?

Whitney said...

Ahhh.... so airhorns aren't looking so crazy NOW, are they?!

Danavee said...

I vote airhorns! No one can get mad at that!!!!!!!!

samsarah4 said...

i know that awful feeling. i was walking by myself monday and this huge dog came running out at me but at the last minute the chain tore him back. it's freakin' scary. are the dogs bitting or nipping when they come up to you? is there a leash law? if there is i would consider telling the owner. but then again you don't want to start crap, but then it's almost like the owner has started it by not keeping there dogs under control. this is stupid that you have to go through this. i would probably use the pepper spray if i knew there was a leash law and use that as your defence!! maybe they would leave you alone after that!!

samsarah4 said...

the airhorn may not be a bad idea:)!!