Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My baby girl turned one!

As you can see Chloe has some pretty proud parents. I always knew that I wanted to have children and I knew that I would love being a mother. After a year with Chloe, I found it to be more amazing than I could imagine. Everyday there is something about her that makes me realize how lucky I am to have her. Now don't get me wrong she is by no means perfect, but she is perfect to me. Chloe has her moments....especially when teething or tired, but for the most part she is a pretty good girl. She is really turning into a funny little girl which I am pretty sure she gets from me! She does little stuff that is so ornery and then just laughs. I have to admit that I love it and I am sure that there are things she does that I shouldn't laugh at but you know what, I just can't help it!

Everyday I have questions about what I am doing and what I should be doing when it comes to Chloe. I am a type of person that doesn't like to do things wrong, but that also doesn't obsess about maybe making a mistake or two. Parenting is not easy and I know when I didn't have kids I would often think "when I have kids...." This happened a lot when talking about my students or relatives or other kids I would see out and about. Well the truth is I had no idea what I was talking about then. It is so much different when you have your own. You love them so much and just want to do what is right. Now what is right is not always easy and I will be honest there are times that I take the easy route hate to admit it but I do. I am learning everyday how to handle different situations. I wouldn't change a thing about it though. Being a mother is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love my baby girl more than anything. It is a kind of love that you cannot explain but you know it when you see your baby for the first time. AMAZING!

I wanted to share a few wonderful things about Chloe. So as a couple of my friends have done I will share 12 things about Chloe that I think are pretty great. 12 for 12 months!

1. She loves to dance. (Her favorite song is the Ipad commercial song!)
2. If she could be naked all the time I think she would be one happy camper!
3. She wakes up with a smile on her face....if she can wake up on her own time and not mommy's!
4. She loves Bronson and gets this really high pitched scream when she first sees him.
5. Bath time is a lot of fun, for one she is naked and another she really likes being in water.
6. She LOVES books.....you know that I love this!
7. She gives great kisses!
8. She jabbers a lot which can be really fun to listen to.
9. She loves to play peek-a-boo.
10. She really likes being around other kids.
11. She likes to play ball which is awesome in mom and dad's book!
12. Whenever she laughs I laugh with her. The sound is so great!

So as you can see I think that Chloe Dawn is a pretty precious little girl. I can't wait to see what the next year brings!

2 comments:

Danavee said...

Chloe is precious! And she has lovely parents.

Whitney said...

What a beautiful and sweet little girl!