Thursday, July 23, 2009

TV star!!!

I made my debut the other day on KY3! I know you are all really jealous and wish you were in my shoes. Let me begin with the story because I know that everyone wants to know how I can possibly have ended up on KY3.

My friend Casey sent me a message on Sunday asking me if I wanted to "go move that bus" and see Ashley Tisdale. To be honest I was like what the heck is she talking about. After I figured out she was talking about the Extreme Home Makeover that was close, I was like sure. I have a ton of other things to do, but what the heck something different to do. So we decided we would talk more about it on Monday. Well Monday comes and I was thinking that my nieces would love to see Ashley Tisdale. I made plans to get my niece Morgan later that afternoon, just kind of spur of the moment. I knew that Devyn and Sadey were going to be spending time with their cousin Jenna so I didn't ask them. Sorry girls! Anyway, I got Morgan and she was super excited.

Tuesday comes and so does the rain. Oh how I dreaded heading out in the rain, but I was game for Morgan mainly. The reveal was suppose to be at 2, but because of the rain they changed it to between 4-5. So we decided to meet around 3 and head out. Casey had talked her husband into driving us out there after he got off work. So we all load up in the truck and head out to the reveal. We get close and see all these signs that the concert was closed and that no parking was allowed. So we get to a corner that was about a mile and a half away from the house.

David dropped us off and we started hoofing it. Casey's son is only 3 1/2 so that was a really long walk for him. We hadn't gotten very far when Casey put Mason on her back. We were walking and see the KY3 car go by. Then we see that they have stopped up the road. They get out of the car with their cameras. Casey was like oh my gosh they are going to interview us. I was hoping that they weren't. I am not one to like to be on videos especially the news!

We get up to their car and they ask to talk to us for a minute. I try and stand to the side and let Casey steal the show, but she wasn't having that. They ask us a few questions and I was thinking oh my goodness this is kind of crazy. Of course though, we were a little excited. So we called our husbands and let them know so that it could be recorded!

It ended up that we did not get to Ashley Tisdale. The rain had caused problems with sound system so they had her perform in the garage so there wasn't a good place to see her. We did get to hear her, which I was happy about.

So if you didn't see it, you can go to the website below and check it out. We aren't on until the last few seconds of the video. It is funny now that I see it, I wish I would have had a different answer. Dan made fun of my squinty eyes, but that is how I look when I laugh so I can't do much about that!!

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/51348352.html

2 comments:

Danavee said...

I was SOOOOO excited when I saw Casey, and then when I saw YOU???? I FLIPPED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I screamed and starting hitting Kenny's leg. You were GREAT and funny! It's an interview to be proud of!!!!

samsarah4 said...

This is Funny!! You got your 10 seconds of fame and it looked wonderful! Devyn just shouted, "Aunt Andrea was on the news, just like I was." Dev was on KY3 in the spring about her school. Wow...I know some famous girls!