Thursday, March 26, 2009

Volleyball!!!

Dan and I are playing on a volleyball team on Thursday nights. It is a lot of fun. We play with a pretty fun group and do a lot of laughing. Knowing Dan and I, you should know that we are quite competitive. Now not saying that either of us are really any good at volleyball because this is the first time that we actually played on a team, but we are about average. I have coached it for quite a few years and gained some experience with the game in that way and Dan is just pretty athletic. We have played four games and only won one. So knowing that Dan and I are so competitive and that another couple on our team are just as competitive, we are starting to get a little upset we're not doing so hot. Now I understand that we are just playing for fun and that it isn't always about winning, but I would like to end up with a 500 season. Is that asking too much??? Or should I just settle with a not so great season and try and put together a stellar team next year? Stellar to me would be pretty average, but they should know how to at least hit the ball! We are both really glad that we decided to play and really truly enjoy playing each week win or lose, but we are so ready to win a game! Please wish us all luck!

3 comments:

Danavee said...

OH NO! It sounds like last night wasn't too hot??? At least you didn't have to forfeit AND Nancy hollered down at you from the track!!!!

I know what would help! Hide a rat on their side of the court!

samsarah4 said...

I'm sending my vibes of luck your way:)!

Whitney said...

That sounds so, so fun -- well, not the losing part. I'm kinda like you, I think, and that would bother me.

Good luck, luck, luck!